Thursday, August 03, 2006

Welcome to The Written Word

I have written many time about the books that I enjoy reading on my other blog. Two of my blogging buddies suggested starting a virtual book club.

Here is how it works:
  • Once a month, I will post a poll with three or four suggested books. These suggestions can come from anyone, so don't be shy. E-mail me with your suggestions for any type (fiction, non-fiction) book you are interested in reading.
  • We will then vote on which book to read. Once the selection has been made you will have about a month to read it.
  • Once the reading time is up, I will begin to post a few discussion questions. Again, if their is a specific topic in which you would like to discuss regarding our book pick, then you can just e-mail me and I will post it.
  • We can all then comment back and forth our opinions about the book and its contents.
  • If all works out, we should have another poll up a few days later and another book on our nightstands!

    Remember, you do not have to have a blog to participate. Feel free to e-mail me and also leave your comments anonymously.

    Please feel free to e-mail me (forksblog@optonline.net) if you have any questions or suggested reading material.
So grab a cup of coffee and your book and enjoy!

11 comments:

Katie J said...

I'm in, even though I sometimes have trouble getting through books in a timely fashion. I know it's been around for a while, but I'd love to read "Memoirs of a Geisha".

Christina said...

Ok, I'm in. Of course I don't know how I am ever going to add another book to my reading list, but this sounds like fun so I'm going to do it.

boogiemum said...

Sounds good to me. Please count me in.

wzgirl said...

Heyyyyyyyy, Stephanie, you got this going fast!! Awesome! I'm totally interested - add me to your "rolls". B/C it is currently on my wait-list, I'll suggest Digging to America by Anne Tyler.

Polar Bear said...

Count me in!

Puddin' said...

"Snow Flower and The Secret Fan" by Lisa See is one I would love to read.

JerseyGirl said...

Once again, I'll say that I'm in! I'll second the nomination for Snowflower and the Secret Fan. My MIL actually recommended it and I started it just yesterday. It's one of those books you can just sink into. Lots to talk about.

Tammy said...

YEAH!!!! wzgirl suggested Digging to America - it is a really good book.

I've been stuck in a rut with my book choices & I'm looking forward to something different.

Thanks so much for starting this. I'm excited to see how this goes.

Tammy

Iliana said...

Well you can already tell I'm a complete bookworm. I belong to two in person book clubs and participate in some online ones every now and then... So I hope to drop in on your book club every now and then. I'm sure it will be great :)

Beeb said...

I'm in - most of the time. I am in another book club and don't know if I can actually get through 2 a month - but I'm game to try! How about Gilead by Marilyn Robinson.

Andie D. said...

Thank you for this!

What a great idea! I've heard that there are online book clubs, but I never wanted to join because I had no idea who I'd be dealing with. I currently trade books with a neighbor and we discuss. While our husbands laugh at us. ;P

I'm IIIIIN! Great idea. I need some new reads!