Wednesday, August 09, 2006

So far, so good

I have already purchased Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, but have yet to crack it open since I am still trying working my way through Prep. Once that is finished, I will be diving right in. Maureen, who is a big-time reader, read the entire book already!

Cari has also gotten the book and started reading. She submitted this comment earlier:

I got the book yesterday and have really enjoyed reading it. I am reading it with so many different perspectives in my head. Does that make any sense? Like as a future adoptive parent of a daughter from China, like as a WOMAN, etc. Anyhow, has anyone else started reading it and what are your thoughts so far??

Your comments are welcome, although don't give too much away yet (you know, so as not to spoil anything for us slow pokes)!

4 comments:

Polar Bear said...

I started reading it yesterday. I didn't get very far, but I think I am going to enjoy it.

wzgirl said...

I just bought the book today during my lunch break. I'm looking forward to a bit of Snow Flower time this weekend! The lady at the book shop said she thought it was GREAT! And, a GREAT first choice for our "club"!

JerseyGirl said...

I did enjoy the book a great deal and it was thought provoking on several levels. I too found myself reading it from several different perspectives...history buff, woman, sister, mother, and friend. Our conversation on this one should be interesting.

Katie J said...

I purchased the book at my local B&N, (thanks for the coupon)and I'm not too far into it. I'm really enjoyig it so far and look forward to the rest of it. Mayb a big chunk during nap time tomorrow?