Friday, August 04, 2006

Time to Vote

I have received many e-mails and comments from people who are interested in participating in our little virtual book club. Let's get this ball rolling with our first official poll.

Out of all the book suggestions I received, I have picked four for us to vote on. If I didn't include one of your suggestions, I apologize. You know the saying, so many books, so little time! Of course, just e-mail me when we are ready to pick another book club pick and I will try to include it.

Here are your choices (I have linked each one to Amazon.com so you can read the synopsis):

Snow Flower and Secret Fan by Lisa See

Digging to America by Anne Tyler

The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson

OK, so cast your votes by clicking on your choice in the poll to the right (in the grey sidebar area). I will post the winning selection on Monday.

6 comments:

Polar Bear said...

Thanks for putting all of this together!

wzgirl said...

Fun! Now that I've read the descriptions - I wanna vote for two!

Christina said...

Ok I voted for The Memory Keepers Daughter, but I am also interested in reading Snow Flower and Secret Fan. Maybe we will get to do whichever one doesn't get picked this month by next month.

Puddin' said...

I voted! Good choices, hard to make a decision! :)

Tammy said...

Very cool - a voting poll. How in the world did you find that?

Anyway, all of the books looked good enough to dive into, it was hard to choose. I voted - can't wait to see our first selection.

Thanks again for all of your hard work. This'll be fun.

boogiemum said...

Yes, I agree. Very nice selection and hard to choose. I hope the ones we don't read this time around are put up again next month, because I would like to read some of the other ones too.
Thanks for coordinating this!