Monday, August 07, 2006

We have a winner!

Wow, I am really excited that we had over twenty people vote for our first ever book selection. The winner, with 48% of the vote was Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. The Memory Keeper's Daughter came in second with 24% of the vote.

Now that we have chosen a book, make sure to stop by your local library, bookstore or on-line bookseller and get reading! My goal is to start posting discussion questions on Monday, September 4th. After a few days of discussion, it will be time again to pick out another book. Make sure to keep track of any books you may be interested in submitting for the September poll.

Also, be sure to check back here once in a while. I plan on posting interesting little tidbits about books and reading every few days.

Be sure to e-mail me at forksblog@optonline.net if you want me to include a link to your blog under Blogging Bookworms in my sidebar.

Stephanie

10 comments:

Christina said...

Oh good. I couldn't decide between this one and the other one I voted for, but I am glad this won so now I don't have to decide.

Polar Bear said...

Thanks, I'm going to get started tonight!

This is going to be a lot of fun.

Iliana said...

I've been meaning to read that book for a while now so this may just be the perfect excuse to move it up on my to be read pile! :)

Tammy said...

Cool! It looks like a great book - I can't wait to start reading.

JerseyGirl said...

I can't wait to discuss. I actually finished it up the night before last in one big sitting. I found it to be thought provoking on several levels. Looking forward to it!

Beeb said...

I am really excited about the book selection! It looks interesting. I think I'll suggest it to my other book group too so I have plenty of time to read it. Sneaky, sneaky! What is our deadline?

~Crystal~ said...

Oh I'm so excited!!!! I just requested it from my library!

Christina said...

I got it, I got it. Thank God they had it at the BX market on Hickam Air Force base. I can't wait to start it. It sounds so awesome from reading the back. I am finishing up a book right now, only about 2 more chapters, and then I can sink my teeth into this one. Can't wait!!!!!!

Lesley said...

Love the idea behind this blog!

I've already read this book but I'd be curious to see what others think of it.

Mrs Pushy said...

Hey-

I am definetely interested in participating in the book blog. I tried to email you my link for the sidebar, but I can't mail anything to a hotmail account. Could you please add my link to the list? I am going to go to B&N tonight and pick up/ order the book.

Thanks for having such a great idea!
Carrie
suchsmallthings.blogspot.com