Friday, August 25, 2006

Snow Flower and the Blogger in Beta

Remember, one more week until we post discussion questions!

In other non-reading news (unless you consider all the time I have spent so far this morning checking out my favorite blogs), Blogger is upgrading. Check out Blogger Buzz aka Blogger in Beta, which is the new Blogger that they just launched. Apparently this is something we will all have to switch over to eventually, but some people may be able to do now (you have to check your blogger dashboard).

Some of the really cool things about the new Blogger is the fact that you can label your posts (in other words, I could put in my sidebar a link for Snow Flower and inside will be all of our posts from the last month about this particular book). This will make looking through archives a whole lot easier. In addition, you can add multiple people to your blog who can actually post on your blog and a whole bunch of new templates to choose from. Some pretty cool stuff.

I tend to be pretty impatient, so am very tempted to switchover now. Of course, what is the chance that they have worked out all the bugs on a newly launched system? Fat, I am sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't care much about switching or keeping the old version. what i AM concerned about is not being able to access my blog dashboard AT ALL. it keeps looping me back to the beta page and telling me to create an account. duh! i HAVE one! i just want to use it!

any advice?

Andie D. said...

Good to know honeybunny. I usually LOVE trying beta stuff. Not so interested now.